Teignbridge District Council - Covid 19 Hardship Fund
Financial hardship may be facing many residents in Teignbridge as a result of COVID-19.
To tackle this problem, we launched jointly with Devon County Council a Covid-19 Hardship Fund designed to support local people in financial difficulties with funds to cover basic costs.
This may be as a result of:
- Reduction in income either through self-employment, being furloughed, reduced hours or made redundant
- Increase of costs such as transport costs, utility bills, child care or other expenditure
- An urgent need to purchase essential items such as white goods
Support from the Hardship Fund will only be given if no alternative source of funding is available and the Fund will make payments directly to creditors. Payments will normally be up to £200 other than in exceptional circumstances.
The Hardship Fund will support individuals or households but not businesses which are entitled to apply for support from other schemes. To qualify an individual must be:
- Resident in Teignbridge for three months prior to the application
- Financially impacted by the COVID19 pandemic
- Unable to receive funding from other sources
- Without savings or £500 disposable income
Examples of payments that can be made are:
- Costs of utility or essential mobile phone bills
- Transport costs
- Household costs such as essential shopping not met through Foodbanks
- Purchase of white goods or other essential items
More details are on our website at https://www.teignbridge.gov.uk/covid19hardshipfund where applications should be made.
The latest national advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on the
Government website and NHS website. You can find local guidance and information about the impacts on our services on the Devon County Council website.
Please forward this email to anyone you think would find it useful and encourage them to sign up.
Please note that all of our sites and offices are closed to the public, except for necessary prearranged visits, but you can still contact us if you need to.