We are constantly reviewing our services and events since the COVID-19 outbreak, including the setting up and delivery of a Community task force and helpline to help those in self isolation in our community.
Draft Local Plan
Teignbridge District Council would like to invite you to comment on the Draft Local Plan 2020-2040 and its supporting documents.
The current Teignbridge Local Plan 2013–2033 was adopted on 6 May 2014. The Local Plan (Part 1) updates this and guides the way new development will happen in the future. It guides the quality of development, helps the council take a proactive approach to tackling climate change and also helps to protect and enhance what is most valued in the District – our landscapes, heritage, wildlife, jobs, communities and homes. The update is being done to ensure that the Plan reflects the changing needs of the District and its residents.
We have prepared four documents that we are seeking your views on. These are available to view online at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview.
- The Draft Local Plan (Part 1) 2020-2040: Quality as Standard
- Stage A and B Strategic Environmental Assessment / Sustainability Appraisal Report – These are the environmental reports which we are legally required to prepare and consult on. They consider the effects of the plan on the environment, people and the economy, consider the reasonable alternatives to what the plan is proposing, and recommend and changes necessary to overcome the potential negative effects.
- Teignbridge Draft Settlement Limit Review – We have settlement limits for all of our towns and larger villages and within these limits, development is generally supported. This review amends the limits to reflect the various changes that have taken place over the last 20 years.
Comments can be made on any or all of the documents listed above using the following methods:
Online survey at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview
- In writing by post to Local Plan Review, Spatial Planning and Delivery, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX
The consultation runs for twelve weeks from 9am Monday 23rd March 2020 until 12noon on Monday 15th June 2020.
As the Local Plan (Part 1) is quite long and complex, we have produced a short ‘Need to Know’ Guide, which summarises all the information about the Plan in a straightforward, jargon-free way.
We appreciate that the Coronavirus outbreak will mean that we are not able to hold any public meetings or events in the near future and as such we have extended our normal 6 week consultation to 12 weeks to take this into account. We will keep the end date of the consultation period under review and respond to any further developments so that everyone will have the opportunity to engage no matter what their circumstances are. In the meantime, we will provide other ways for you to ask questions and view all the information you need to be able to share your views on the plan. Paper copies of the plan and the Need to Know Guide have been sent to your town and parish council so please contact them if you would like to view them in paper format.
To keep up to date on news of the Local Plan Review, please check:
- Teignbridge Local Plan webpage www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview
- Twitter: @Planteignbridge www.twitter.com/PlanTeignbridge
- Facebook: @Planteignbridge www.facebook.com/planteignbridge
- Local Press and Media.
If you have any questions, please contact the Local Plan Team on 01626-215735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that comments cannot be treated as confidential, and anonymous or verbal comments cannot be taken into consideration. Comments will be published on our website excluding phone numbers, email addresses and signatures. You can see copies of all representations online at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview or at our offices, by appointment.
Inappropriate comments including those which are racist, sexist, xenophobic, defamatory, prejudiced or otherwise likely to cause offence will be removed and not considered.
All representations must be received during the consultation period. Any responses received after this deadline may not be considered.
If you need this information in another format, or have any queries please email email@example.com or call 01626 215735.
We look forward to hearing from you.