We are constantly reviewing our services and events since the COVID-19 outbreak, including the setting up and delivery of a Community task force and helpline to help those in self isolation in our community.
NEWS FROM CHUDLEIGH TOWN COUNCIL: NOVEMBER 2020
COVID-19 Hardship Fund
In association with Devon County Council, the District Council have launched a Local Hardship Fund to support those whose financial situation has been affected by the current pandemic and are now out of cash for basic essentials for their household.
The COVID-19 Hardship Fund can provide financial assistance to help with basic necessities, household essentials, essential travel costs, utilities and other discretionary expenditure as a result of COVID19. Applications are assessed on an individual basis. If your application is successful – payments will be arranged on your behalf and are not awarded in cash. The maximum award is £200.
You may be eligible if:
· you run your own business, and cannot currently trade/your business has been drastically reduced because of the pandemic
· your employment situation has changed and your income no longer covers your essential needs
· you have lost your job due to the COVID-19 outbreak
· you have still not received expected government funding (i.e. self-employed)
· you can demonstrate that you do not have accessible capital in excess of £500
· you have not received financial assistance from another source for the same reason.
If you are a resident and have been affected financially by Covid19, and can demonstrate a need for immediate short-term financial help, you can apply for a grant by completing the resident support form on Teignbridge District Council’s website or you can phone the Coronavirus Hotline on 01626 215 512 for help to fill in an application form.