The Taylor Wimpey development at Colway Lane & Grovelands
This development proposal was for 65 residential dwellings and four self-build plots. The application was first submitted in 2016 and, since then, there have been various residual changes as the various statutory consultees have commented and sought changes. You can view the decision notice and all documentation relating to the application on the Teignbridge District Council planning portal under the reference number 16/02423/MAJ. The application has now received consent.
Taylor Wimpey will be required to make the following financial contributions:-
- Provision of Custom Build @ 5%;
- Provision of Affordable Housing at 30% (70:30 tenure split between rented and intermediate);
- Financial contribution of £23,199 towards School Transport Costs;
- Contribution of £500 per dwelling (for the County Highway Authority to supply the Travel Plan and Vouchers to the residents and instruct a Travel plan Coordinator);
- Financial contribution of £5000 towards a Traffic Regulation Order for the moving of parking spaces;
- Financial contribution of £123,583.50 towards formal play required in relation to the CH4 allocation, to be used on a suitable site Chudleigh;
- Financial contribution of £157.48 per dwelling (total £10,866.12) towards projects to mitigation in-combination impacts of development.
There will also be a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) payment of £709,162.