Out and about:-
We are going to be carrying out a number of works between now and Xmas. They may cause a degree of disruption but all are necessary and will improve facilities in the town:-
- On 27 November Rhino Play will be working at the skate park to carry out repairs to the mulch surround. They will also be re-sealing it to prevent the mulch flaking. They are hopeful of completing it in one day but, if weather intervenes, it may run into a second day. The skate park will need to be shut for the duration of the work.
- Devon Minor Works will be carrying out repairs to the wooden footbridge at Millstream Meadow. You may have noticed that some of the planks have lifted and they need to be re-secured to the substructure. No news on dates or duration yet but it may be necessary to shut the footbridge whilst the works are carried out.
- John Sherwood will be undertaking a two day job to widen the access to the Exeter Road allotments site. The current access is very narrow and has made it very difficult to get things like skips on the site. Whilst the work is being done there will be no vehicular access to the allotments. When we have a date we will let the plot holders know.
- White Rose will be laying a tarmac path at Culver Green on the site of the path made out of scalpings. This should provide a better walking surface and remove the waterlogging issues that occurred last year.
- The large Beech tree at Culver Green is nearing the end of its life due, we think, to honey fungus. Whilst it remains safe it will die within the next couple of years. Consequently, we have taken the decision to remove the tree now. When a date is determined we will advertise that the work is being done. A new tree will be planted in its place.