We are constantly reviewing our services and events since the COVID-19 outbreak.
Who are we?
Chudleigh Wild exists to build the resilience of our local wildlife through community actions to meet the threats of declining biodiversity and climate change. Our Vision is of a Parish and its people that are enriched by wildlife, where people enrich the natural world and help to safeguard it for the future.
Chudleigh Wild aims to:
- share knowledge of the wonderful wildlife in the Parish of Chudleigh
- raise awareness through events and activities that involve and motivate the community
- encourage positive action by local residents to attract and sustain more wildlife in the town and Parish of Chudleigh
- conserve and enhance our existing wildlife and local habitats, features and species populations, through working together and with others
- survey and record what we have, holding and sharing our wildlife records with others
- advise groups and individuals on biodiversity and land management for wildlife
- monitor development proposals that may result in damage to important wildlife
- be environmentally and socially aware and responsible in what we do
To find out more about us visit the Chudleigh Wild Facebook Page
Recent successes have included:
- an insect friendly bat garden off Rock Road
- nature walks and talks
- Swift nest-boxes on the Town hall and Globe Hotel
- managed grass verges to increase the variety of flowers
- planted trees, native bulbs and insect friendly plants in public areas
- held bat evenings at Oldway Batfields
- monitored bat flyways in the light of building developments
- input to the Neighbourhood Development Plan
News and Events 2021
Wildlife Checklists of Chudleigh Parish
The following series of checklists, some of which are annotated, have been prepared by Dave Smallshire on behalf of Chudleigh WILD. They include all records that are known of, but should be regarded as works in progress – they will be updated periodically as new information comes to hand. Not all areas of the Parish are well-represented and anyone who can add, correct or update the information is asked to send details to email@example.com. Records of species that have occurred just outside the Parish boundary, or maybe just inside, are sometimes included for context. See the Parish Map for area covered.
Community Events 2020
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. .png. Request an accessible format.