Planned improvements in the coming year
- 1)We were recently approached by Chudleigh Community First Responders who suggested to the Council that the provision of a defibrillator in the town centre had the potential to save lives. We have approached Devon Ambulance Service who would be happy to lease the kit to us if we can find the right location. We are confident that we can find a location, either on the external wall of the town hall or perhaps utilising one of the telephone boxes, that will suit both the Ambulance Service and the planners.
- 2)The Town Council is considering installing photo-voltaic panels on the south facing roof of the Woodway Rooms. The reason for choosing that particular roof is that it is not visible from anywhere in the centre of the town – a requirement of the planning officer as we are located in the town’s conservation area. Whilst this will involve a significant financial outlay it will pay for itself over a period of time in that it will reduce our energy consumption as well as, in environmental terms, being the right thing to do.
- 3)There have been some hold-ups in refurbishing the kitchen serving the Large Hall but that will be completed during 2016/17. We will then be in a position where all our kitchens will have been refurbished.
- 4)We will be replacing the lighting in the Large Hall. This is necessary because the fluorescent tubes that fit the light fittings are no longer made – the lights are very old.
- 5)We hope to replace the lighting in the school room with modern LCD lights. This will improve the light levels significantly in this room.
- 6)We will be consulting with potential contractors to get some ideas for the refurbishing of the play park at The Gardens. How quickly this progresses depends upon our success in obtaining grant funding